Hello Broadview community,
The health and safety of Charter Members and those considering Broadview is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind, and we want to be communicative and transparent in the steps Broadview is taking to prepare during this unprecedented event. Our team has been working tirelessly to prepare for possible scenarios related to COVID-19.
We’ve developed a series of precautionary steps that our information center is implementing to help reduce everyone’s risk of COVID-19. Additionally, you can access updates at the following website.
Our information center is:
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common/ shared areas in the information center
- Encouraging a temporary reduction in visitation and deliveries
- Reducing on-site group seminars and appointments
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking Charter Members to communicate any travel plans
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all Charter Members and those interested in Broadview
According to the CDC, older adults are at a higher risk for serious illness, and we’re providing all Charter Members and those interested in Broadview and their families with the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local health officials on the steps they can take to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
We are strongly encouraging all Charter Members and those interested in Broadview to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
Our teams are staying in communication with local health officials and will share regular updates on COVID-19. For more of the most up to date information and personal health recommendations, please visit the websites below:
Updates from LCS: https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/
COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
COVID-19 Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
What To Do If You Think You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf